Teeth cleaning in Sunnyvale, California, by Dr. Ryan Zhuoran Zhao, gets into the nooks and crannies that routine brushing and flossing miss. It removes the debris and plaque that cause gum disease. It also leaves the teeth clean and white.
How Is Professional Teeth Cleaning Done? Will It Hurt?
Dr. Zhao gets it. He knows that dentistry makes people uncomfortable. He also knows he’ll see them in the future when not having their teeth cleaned produces logical results. Here’s what will happen:
- Exam. The dental hygienist at Harmony Smile Dental can’t just begin cleaning your teeth. They need to know if there are any problems requiring attention before they start. A mirror will be held in your mouth to look for swollen gums or other issues.
- Plaque removal. The hygienist will use a scaler to scrape the plaque and tartar between the teeth outside the gums. Brushing and flossing at home get some of the hardened plaque or tartar, but only the hygienist can get it all.
- Toothpaste. Now that the tartar has been removed from the teeth, they need to be brushed. Yes, professional teeth cleaning includes brushing your teeth! A gritty paste is used to gently scrub the teeth clean.
- Floss. Flossing will clean between the teeth that brushing missed, and any missed plaque will be removed.
- Rinse. Now it needs to be removed from the mouth and fluoride applied.
- Evaluation: Finally, Dr. Zhao will do a complete assessment of your teeth to ensure that your mouth is healthy.
What Else Should I Know?
Professional cleaning needs to be done twice per year. You might need a deep cleaning which includes numbing the mouth. Dr. Zhao will get beneath the gums to remove tartar that could cause gum disease. It’s done in two appointments when your dentist first cleans half of your mouth and the other at the next appointment.
Professional Teeth Cleaning in and around Sunnyvale, California
Teeth cleaning in Sunnyvale, California, is as simple as calling Dr. Ryan Zhao at Harmony Smile Dental (408) 738-1000. Sunnyvale residents should schedule an appointment to ask for any of Dr. Zhao’s services.
Share this Article